Purpose of this post is to list interesting data sources for Gov 1005 students. Apologies in advance that this is such a mess. I hope to clean it up over time.
“Dynamic Data in the Statistics Classroom” provides a good overview of this topic along with many excellent specific suggestions.
politicaldata is a great R package for downloading all sorts of political data.
At some point, I need to curate this list, providing descriptions and advice. Not today!
- Russian Troll Tweets
- Harvard Course Enrollments
- Stack Overflow Data
- MS List
- Open Secrets
- MIT Election Data
- Uppsala Conflict Data Program
- NCAA Athletics Diversity
- Open Data Watch
- Uber Movement
- Cooperative Congressional Election Study
- What We Do Together: The State of Associational Life in America
- ShotSpotter data on gunfire incidents
Please leave suggestions in the comments. I hope to update this list over time.